Maintaining A Heat-storage Range Cooker
- Posted by:
- Maintaining, Range Cooker
- Posted date:
It is of paramount importance to ensure that your range cooker is serviced on a regular basis. Not only does this ensure optimal performance, it also helps to extend the lifespan of your appliance.
By having your range cooker regularly serviced by Country Cookers, you are guaranteed the peace of mind that only genuine, authentic parts will be used. All of our engineers are fully trained and qualified to provide a reliable and efficient service.
Cleaning Your Range Cooker
Keeping your cooker clean is easier than you think; below are a few tips on how you can maintain cleanliness of your range cooker:
- Ensure that you clean the hotplates and hot ovens regularly; you can do this by carbonising splashes and cooking spills whenever they happen.
- By using the specialist range brush, you can easily clean carbon dust from your cooker. For stubborn stains, do not hesitate to use a wire brush on the cast iron components.
- For baking spills, it is advisable that you utilise a soft soap filled pad. Refrain from using an oven cleaner as it can scratch the enamel.
- Spills and splashes on the vitreous enamel should be wiped clean as soon as possible. This should be done using a damp (not wet!) piece of cloth; there are specialist range cooker clothes which are best suited for this task. For other cleaning activities, you should use specific cleaning products such as the enamel cleaners.
- When cleaning the doors, you may lift them, but you should never immerse them in water or mix them up.
- Use a damp, soapy cloth to clean the handrail and polished insulating lids and dry with a soft dry cloth.
- Milk or juice spillages on the enamel should be wiped off immediately to avoid the acidity staining the front doors and plate. Use a specialist range e-cloth for this task as they are lint-free.
You should not be worried about liquids that spill or boil over on the hotplate. In most cases, they will evaporate without causing any harm to the cooker.
All insulating rings around the hot plates can be easily removed for cleaning. When doing this, it is advisable that you do not get them mixed up and later on try to replace them in the same positions. First, spot the notch mark on the ring. Secondly, ensure that the notch mark faces the rear end of the cooker before replacing it.
Some components such as the side panels, handrails and brackets are painted or powder coated. Do not use anything abrasive to clean them. We recommend that you use a soap filled pad to clean these surfaces.
If you spot any dust or fluff building up around the flue chamber or burner door, use a soft brush to clean it off gently. Never use a vacuum cleaner to clean the cooker when the burner is on.
Refurbished AGA and Rayburn Cookers for Sale
Are you looking for Refurbished AGA and Rayburn Cookers for Sale? Country Cookers are your first choice for high quality reconditioned AGA and Rayburn range cookers and stoves throughout the UK. Our family run business based in Cornwall specialises in providing the best examples of each make and model of range available.
Are you looking for high quality refurbished range cookers? Speak with one of our representatives today on 01209 214 774 .